oodstock, VT was named most beautiful town in the US by Condé Nast Traveler, and we couldn’t agree more. Described as being “absurdly quaint,” Woodstock is the perfect place for a cozy bed and breakfast like The Village Inn of Woodstock. We’re blessed to be surrounded by gorgeous, lush trees that are vibrant green in the summer and golden tones in the autumn. With some of the best local color and charm, Woodstock offers the quintessential New England experience so many B&B enthusiasts look for. The history of Woodstock is evident in its historic and rustic buildings. As Conde Nast Traveler puts it, Woodstock is “just the destination for antique shoppers and B&B fans.” If this is you, consider planning a trip! Don’t worry if antique shopping isn’t your favorite activity, here’s a few more top recommendations to try during your stay in the most beautiful town in America.
- Just as Conde Nast Traveler suggests, we highly recommend you visit FH Gillingham & Sons General Store, Woodstock’s oldest store. operating since 1858, Gillingham’s is the perfect place to pick up some Vermont maple syrup and some authentically local flavor. (Pick up authentic gifts and souvenirs here too!)
- Don’t leave town without eating at Simon Pearce, the 9th most romantic restaurant in the country! Make your trip even more special and treat yourselves to a romantic night out with the Simon Pearce Package.
- Take full advantage of being in the state with the largest number of breweries per capita, and enjoy some craft beer, minutes away from our Woodstock bed and breakfast but hard to find anywhere else. We have too many brewery recommendations to name here so be sure to check out all the Vermont Craft Beer locations and find a new favorite.
- Get a feel for historic Woodstock yourself at the Woodstock Historical Society and get a guided tour of the cultural art, antiques, and more.
- If you’re in the mood for a leisurely day at the Vermont bed and breakfast, enjoy a three course breakfast with the freshest local ingredients. There’s even a champagne option if you’re here to celebrate! When breakfast is over, head out to the gorgeous garden terrace for a relaxing day in the New England sun.
When you’re ready to experience all that Woodstock, VT has to offer, call 802-457-1255 or book a stay.