WOODSTOCK by the locals
Woodstock VT Nearby Events and More
- Enjoy a day on the water. Take a self-guided canoe, kayak or raft trip on a pristine section of the Connecticut River in Windsor Vermont. Rentals are available through Great River Outfitters and North Star Canoe Rentals.
- Fly fishing guide services are availalble through Green Mountain Troutfitters.
- Green Mountain Horse Association is the nation’s oldest continuously operating horse association. It offers competitive, recreational and educational equine activities in five disciplines – combined training, dressage, driving, hunters/jumpers, and trail.
- Play golf at nearby Woodstock Country Club. Named one of the top 100 golf resorts” by Golf Magazine. The 18-hole course was designed by Robert Trent Jones, Sr. (802) 457-6674.
- Hike the local trails – we have an extensive trail system here in the village. From the top of Mt. Tom, right here in the village, take in dramatic views of the village and the surrounding mountains.
- Experience the fun of snowmobiling with Killington Snowmobile Tours. (802) 422-2121.
- Alpine skiing abounds in Vermont. Suicide Six is located 3 miles from the center of Woodstock. Killington is 18 miles, Mt. Ascutney is 17, and Okemo is 25 miles. Check Ski Conditions here.
- Skiing not for you? Check out Killington Tubing Park.
- Imagine yourself dog sledding. Braeburn Siberians offers 2, 3 and 4 hour excursions, as well as 45 minute rides.
- Cross country skiing, snow shoeing, fishing, canoeing/kayaking and bike rental are all available in Quechee at Wilderness Trails.
- Visit nearby Quechee Gorge, “Vermont’s Little Grand Canyon.”
- Picnic, swim, and canoe at nearby Silver Lake State Park – this is a great place for families. There is a beautiful beach with a diving pier, a large playground, concession stand, clean bathrooms and a large covered space, which can be reserved for group outings.
- Horseback riding is available at Pond Hill Ranch in Castleton, VT and Open Acre Ranch in Fairlee, VT.
- Carriage rides and sleigh rides are available from Kedron Valley Stable.
- Jim Mauchly, photographic artist and owner of Mountain Graphics Photography will capture your special vacation memories.
- Green Up Your YOGA on a Yoga Hike with Amanda from Inner Lift Yoga.
- Work on your rock climbing skills at Green Mountain Rock Climbing Center in Quechee.
- Great River Outfitters – outdoor adventure for all four seasons.
- Take advantage of what the Quechee club has to offer
for guests staying with us here at The Village Inn of Woodstock.
Looking for more things to do in the Woodstock VT area? Look forward to more of our nearby events in Woodstock VT!