Policies For The Best Place to Stay in Vermont
Check in time for is between 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. Check in after 8 p.m. is possible for reservations of two or more nights by prior arrangement only. Please contact the inn if you are going to be arriving after 8 p.m.
We have private off-street parking to accommodate all guests.
Check out time is 11 a.m. Late check out is available at a rate of $25 for every 15 minutes past 11 a.m. You are welcome to leave your car in our parking lot if you would like to spend some additional time walking around the village after check out.
Minimum Night Stays:
Weekends require a two-night stay. We may make an exception if it isn’t from May through October or holiday weekends. Give us a call because one-night stays are occasionally accepted.
Rates are for single or double occupancy, and include our sumptuous, three-course, gourmet breakfast served at your own private table. All rates are subject to change without notice. Rates also are subject to the 9% Vermont State Rooms Tax, a 1% local option tax, and a 6% service gratuity.
A full, three-course breakfast is included in the rate.
We allow a maximum of 2 people per room.
Children over the age of fourteen are welcome provided that they are able to stay in their own room. We are unable to accommodate children under the age of fourteen. Occupancy is limited to 2 people per room. If you are interested in occupying the entire inn, and the children are well behaved, we will be happy to host your gathering.
We are sorry that we are unable to accommodate pets. Government agency approved service animals are welcome.
We are a non-smoking inn. If you would like to smoke on the front porch or in the garden, we will be happy to provide you with an ashtray. Smoking inside the Inn will result in an immediate request to leave, and an additional cleaning fee of $250.
We accept cash, MasterCard and Visa.
We require a deposit equal to 50% of the quoted rate on stays of two or more nights, and 100% on one night stays. You may use a credit card to secure your room.
If you choose to cancel your stay with the Best Place to Stay in Vermont, we will be happy to refund your advance payment, less a $30 service charge per room, provided that you give more than two weeks notice. Within two weeks, and up to 48 hours before your arrival date, we will refund the advance payment if we are able to re-rent the room for the same rate. A $30 service charge per room will apply. If you cancel within 48 hours of your arrival date, you will lose your advance payment and be charged for the entire stay. For holiday weekends, the entire fall foliage period, or when you or your party reserve more than one room, we will refund your advance payment, less a $30 service charge, provided that you give more than 30 days notice. Within 30 days and up to 48 hours before your arrival date, we will refund the advance payment if we are able to re-rent the room for the same rate. A $30 service charge per room will apply. If you cancel within 48 hours of your arrival date, you will lose your advance payment and be charged for the entire stay. There is a 30-day cancellation policy for reservations between 12/24 & 1/1; reservations for Dartmouth Graduation weekend, 6/10, 6/11 and 6/12 will be charged in full when booked and cannot be canceled. Early departures and No Shows are regarded as cancellations. Reservations made through Booking.com are paid in full upon booking and cannot be modified. Please note that our Reservation and Cancellation Policies are a vital part of managing a small country inn.
The Village Inn of Woodstock is the Best Place to Stay in Vermont and warmly welcomes all guests. However, due to the historic significance of our 1899 Woodstock Inn, the property is not completely wheelchair accessible. Removal of necessary physical barriers for accessibility is not readily achievable in all areas of the Inn as such removal would threaten or destroy the historic significance of the property. However, the features below show the extensive efforts we have made to ensure all guests can visit our romantic Inn.
- For guests with an auditory impairment, we have a fire alarm system providing auditory alerts located in our lobby and all of our hallways. Along with Room 1.
- For guests with mobility restrictions, the front, side and patio entrances into the Inn consist of steps.
- Once inside the Inn, guests have access to the lobby, parlor tavern, and dining area. They are all located on the first floor.
- Room 1 is located on the ground floor featuring an outside entrance ramp and does not require the use of stairs. The bathroom offers a separate walk-in shower and is large enough to accommodate a wheelchair. Grab bars and shower bench are located in this bathroom. There is a secondary door leading to the interior of the Inn and all common areas.
- For those guests with limited accessibility, suites 2, 3, and 5 are located on the second floor and require the use of stairs. The bathrooms in these rooms are not handicapped accessible.
- Standard rooms 6, 7, 8, and 9 are located on our third floor and require guests to maneuver two flights of steps. The bathrooms in these rooms are not handicapped accessible.
- We do not have an elevator within the building. Assistance with luggage to your room is available.
- There is designated handicap parking with clear accessible access to room 1 but not to the front and side entrances to the Inn.
- We offer a wake-up knock/call as well as assistance with luggage from the car to your room.
- There are no braille signs in the main body of the house except in room 1. We do not offer a menu in braille.
For special accommodation needs at the Best Place to Stay in Vermont, please call us directly at (802) 457-1255 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
In addition, we work to ensure every guest who wishes to visit can do so regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we comply with ADA:
- We ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals without disabilities.
- We have identified and described accessible features in our bed and breakfast and guest rooms in detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine whether our B&B meets their needs.
- We ensure that accessible guest rooms are held for use by individuals with disabilities until all other guest rooms of that type have been rented.
- We guarantee that the specific accessible guest rooms, once reserved, are held for the reserving customer. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to make accessible rooms available through at least some of these services and they must provide these third-party services with information concerning the accessible features of the hotel and the accessible rooms.
- Guests with legitimate service animals as defined in the ADA will be provided access to all areas of the Best Place to Stay in Vermont afforded to those without service animals.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or such other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology.
Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (802) 457-1255 with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues wit the Best Place to Stay in Vermont, including issues accessing the website.