WOODSTOCK by the locals
Woodstock, VT Events
Highlights at Woodstock, Vermont
Billings Farm & Museum offers a taste of traditional farm life in New England c. 1890, including butter-making and sheep-shearing demonstrations (the main season of the museum runs from May to October, but in winter it opens up special weekends and holiday activities, such as sleigh rides).
Stores at Woodstock, Vermont
For more than a decade at Farmhouse Pottery, Zoe and James Zilian design and manufacture pottery, housewares, and accessories in an ever-expanding product line. A well-curated selection of bookworms will be found at the Yankee Bookshop. The Woodstock Farmers Market is the kind of locally inspired small grocery store that every town should have, stored with fresh produce, staples and cheeses, chocolates, jams, bread, and more made from Vermont.
Woodstock Restaurants, Vermont
Cloudland Farm is a true farm-to-table experience, situated on the Emmons family farm in Pomfret, a short, scenic drive from town, in a post-and-beam structure. From this and other nearby farms prepared with French and American accents, you can enjoy fresh meats and vegetables here (choose from two or three-course fixed price options). Good Kitchen provides craft beer and excellent comfort fare just outside the town (burgers, poutine, fried chicken, local cheeses).
And right in the heart of Woodstock, Mountain Creamery is a great place to grab a VerMonte Cristo sandwich (ham, turkey, and Swiss between slices of French toast served with a side of maple syrup) and a slice of mile-high apple pie. Finally, try the Lincoln Inn & Restaurant for more upscale options, where chef Jevgenija Saromova takes years of restaurant training in Italy, England, and France and applies them to the Vermont seasonal flavors.
Woodstock VT Nearby Events and More
- Enjoy a day on the water. Take a self-guided canoe, kayak or raft trip on a pristine section of the Connecticut River in Windsor Vermont. Rentals are available through Great River Outfitters and North Star Canoe Rentals.
- Fly fishing guide services are available through Green Mountain Troutfitters.
- Green Mountain Horse Association is the nation’s oldest continuously operating horse association. It offers competitive, recreational and educational equine activities in five disciplines – combined training, dressage, driving, hunters/jumpers, and trail.
- Play golf at nearby Woodstock Country Club. Named one of the top 100 golf resorts” by Golf Magazine. The 18-hole course was designed by Robert Trent Jones, Sr. (802) 457-6674.
- Hike the local trails – we have an extensive trail system here in the village. From the top of Mt. Tom, right here in the village, take in dramatic views of the village and the surrounding mountains.
- Experience the fun of snowmobiling with Killington Snowmobile Tours. (802) 422-2121.
- Alpine skiing abounds in Vermont. Suicide Six is located 3 miles from the center of Woodstock. Killington is 18 miles, Mt. Ascutney is 17, and Okemo is 25 miles. Check Ski Conditions here.
- Skiing not for you? Check out Killington Tubing Park.
- Imagine yourself dog sledding. Braeburn Siberians offers 2, 3 and 4 hour excursions, as well as 45 minute rides.
- Cross country skiing, snow shoeing, fishing, canoeing/kayaking and bike rental are all available in Quechee at Wilderness Trails.
- Visit nearby Quechee Gorge, “Vermont’s Little Grand Canyon.”
- Picnic, swim, and canoe at nearby Silver Lake State Park – this is a great place for families. There is a beautiful beach with a diving pier, a large playground, concession stand, clean bathrooms and a large covered space, which can be reserved for group outings.
- Horseback riding is available at Pond Hill Ranch in Castleton, VT and Open Acre Ranch in Fairlee, VT.
- Carriage rides and sleigh rides are available from Kedron Valley Stable.
- Jim Mauchly, photographic artist and owner of Mountain Graphics Photography will capture your special vacation memories.
- Green Up Your YOGA on a Yoga Hike with Amanda from Inner Lift Yoga.
- Work on your rock climbing skills at Green Mountain Rock Climbing Center in Quechee.
- Great River Outfitters – outdoor adventure for all four seasons.
- Take advantage of what the Quechee club has to offer
for guests staying with us here at The Village Inn of Woodstock.
Looking for more things to do in the Woodstock VT area? Look forward to more of our nearby events in Woodstock VT!